Saturday 14 January 2012

When Life Changes, Change Location

Yesterday I heard the news that every employee dreads:  your position has been made redundant.  As of March 31, 2012, you will be out of a job.

I could panic, yes.  I could worry about things like a roof over my head, paying bills, buying food.  I could dread having to reduce the life style that I lead - cutting back on entertainment, clothing, and other non-essentials.  Instead, I choose to look at this as an opportunity.

I'm going to travel.  I have no job to worry about getting back to, and if I pack up all my belongings, and store them in my mother's basement, cancel my cable and internet, I will have enough money to spend a month, or two, back-packing somewhere in this wide world.

The question is....where.

Australia?
India?
Veitnam?
Argentina?
Chile?

Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment